Windows Resource Protection found Corrupt Files but was Unable to fix some of them – With System File Checker (SFC) and the sfc/scannow function, the ‘Windows Resource Protection’ file corruption but not the way to retrieve some of the files is one of the most frequently received errors, indicating that the SFC/scannow file has failed.
Windows Resource Protection found Corrupt Files but was Unable to fix some of them
System file check(sfc.exe), which protects registry keys and folders as well as critical files on the system, is integrated into the Windows operating system. The Windows Command Prompt can invoke the Sfc utility. And the SFC / scan now command scans all protected system files, and if it has a problem, it will try and substitute the problem files with a cached copy in the WinDir% \System32\dllcache compressed folder.
Windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them:
Ideally, if SFC / scan now is run, corrupt system files will be automatically fixed for us not if the file is not in the cache or it is corrupted. Sfc / scan now is going to send the error “Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but could not fix some of them.” At this point.
About System File Checker (sfc.exe) & SFC/Scannow:
Don’t be afraid. Don’t be frightened. As we mentioned, when you are caught in trouble, go to solve it yourselves. Any generic approaches to address the issue help overcome the crisis promptly.
Fixes for Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them:
Repair bad sectors with EaseUS Partition Master:
You need to be mindful that the data are mostly contaminated by poor hard drive sectors. If SFC / Scannow couldn’t patch corrupted files on poor sectors, seek any other more efficient alternative methods.
EaseUS Partition Master is a free online partition manager with a test partition feature. This helps users to search for file system faults in the hard drive partition and patch them.
- Step 1: Open your computer’s EaseUS Partition Master. Then find the disk, right-click and choose “Check File System,” the partition you want to check.
- Step 2: Hold “Correct errors if detected” selected in the Search File System window and press “Begin.”
- Step 3: The software starts to check on your disk your partition file system. Click “Finish” when it is done.
Run chkdsk command:
If you don’t want a third-party repair utility, you can rely on the built-in command to recover and fix corrupted files.
- Step 1: DVD Installation Boot from Windows.
- Step 2. Choose “Computer Reparation.”
- Step 3. Select your system. Choose your target.
- Step 4. Select Command Prompt in the recovery tool panel.
- Step 5. Run chkdsk x: /f /r (x represents your target drive)
Run dism command:
If both sfc /scannow and chkdsk x: /f /r don’t work, try dism command:
- dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
Or this command if you are in repair mode of Windows DVD/USB:
- Dism /Image:C:\ /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth
Read More –
- Windows were Unable to Complete the Format
- Yourphone.exe Windows 10
- Windows Resource Protection could not Perform the Requested Operation
The protection for Windows resources found corrupt files but could not fix some can be solved by using the above methods.