OSU for Mac: ‘Osu’ free and open-source rhythm game advanced and issued by Australian- based firm called PPY developments PTY LTD, formed by Mr. Dean Herbert.
The game was originally made for Microsoft Windows in the year 2007. The game has also been made for Windows Phone and macOS.
The operating system of Osu is Microsoft Windows or iOS (beta).
The size of the file is 123 MB.
OSU for Mac
The gameplay is built on titles that include:
- Elite beat agents.
- Taiko no Tatsujin.
- Beatmania IIDX.
- O2 Jam.
- DJ Max.
The game comprises of distinct levels called Beatmaps or maps. Beatmaps are built by the public, and accessible to play everybody, open to all. The beatmap then goes under a phase of critique called as modding or ranking. It consists of other players and participants who comment and suggest enhancements to be done out of it. Modding may ultimately affect the beatmap being permitted to be ranked or qualified. Subsequently, a map is ranked and players can then play it to increase performance points commonly determined as pp.
Steps to install for OSU!
- Select the download page first and then download the installer.
- Locate the installer and run it.
- You can select the installation location within ten seconds of the period provided when the installer is running.
- Osu! Will start up immediately when the installer is completed.
- Then the application will interrupt you with a pop up to sign in or register.
Meaning of Osu:
The word Osu is a blend of two, unlike kanji that is a Sino- Japanese characters. The word ‘Osu’ means “to push” and the word ‘Shinobu’ means “to suffer”.
There are four official game modes:
- Osu! Standard: tap, slide, and spin the beats.
- Osu! Mania: conveyor type rhythm games
- Osu! Catch: collect the falling fruits with a catcher holding plate and simultaneously keep dancing and do not miss any step.
- Osu! Taiko: drum and roll the taiko drumroll to the beat.
The gameplay offers difficulty level like:
- Double time.
- Hard rock.
Beatmaps has three categories: sliders, spinners, hit circles. These objects are placed in different locations on the screen and in different time segments. The beatmap is played along with music, simulating a sense as the interaction of player improves with the beat of the music.
There are tournaments held with a huge number of participation of players around the world. The winners win prizes such as cash rewards, special advantages, and subscription-based service that offers special benefits for the participants.
Steps to uninstall OSU:
The steps to uninstall Osu are mentioned below:
- Open Programs and Features.
- Look for osu!
- Go to the installation folder of osu!
- Find uninstall.exe or unins000.exe.
- Double click on its uninstaller and follow the wizard to uninstall osu!
- Close all files and programs that are open.
Osu! mania mode is extensively used in nearly all of the main rhythm games. It involves good hand or leg synchronization where the notes move on a conveyor.