iMessage on Mac
- In the year 2011, iMessage was established by Mr. Scott Marshall.
- In the year 2012, Apple announced replacing iChat by iMessage.
- In the year 2014, customers filed a complaint against the company about message delivering issue if they switch from any Apple device to non-Apple device.
- In the year 2016, researchers developed an open-source project known as “PieMessage” consisting of code for OS X that forms a link between Apple user and an Android user.
- In the same year,the company declared the additional updates of application to iMessage service that could be accessed via Message apps.
iMessage on Mac
Steps to arrange iMessages on Mac:
- Introduce messages from desktop, dock, or applications together.
- Provide your Apple ID, e-mail address and the correct password.
- Click on messages in the menu bar and select partialities.
- Select the accounts tab.
- Select the mobile number and email address at which you would like to be grasped.
Steps to send iMessage from Mac:
- Initially confirm that your Mac’s running OS X Yosemite (10.10 or higher) and your device is running iOS 8x.
- Select the messages app in your Mac to open it.
- Go to your iPhone.
- Forward the selected message.
- You will get a list of all the devices that are linked to your Apple ID.
- You will receive a 6 -digit code pop up in messages on your Mac.
Difference between text messages and iMessages:
- If your device is associated with wi-fi, you can easily send messages without any internet connection or cellular data or any messaging plan charges.
- I Messages are quicker than SMS or MMS.
- SMS and MMS are sent using different technology than an Apple device.
Features of iMessage:
- 3D effects.
- You can insert your photo.
- Desired bubble effects.
- Slam effect.
- Loud effect.
- Gentle effect.
- Invisible effect.
Apart from this, it has other features like:
- Send texts.
- Send documents.
- Send photos.
- Send videos.
- Send contact information.
- Send group messages.
- No internet connection required.
- Messages can be tracked using delivery reports.
Steps to use these features:
- Open messages and tap to start a new message.
- Enter your message.
- Touch, hold and tap the screen.
- Swipe to the left side and see full-screen effects.
- Any user can see if another user is typing a message in the form of pale grey ellipsis that appears when the user initiates for typing.
- Users are allowed to have a group chat as well with more than 2 people.
- You can name your group as well.
iMessage is accessible through devices that are having iOS 5 or the later version of iOS and macOS users. The devices that are accessible are like:
- Message application on iPhone.
- iPod touch
Thus, iMessage is an effective application for Apple users that allows various features and could transfer data and information from one user to another with several advantages.
Table of Contents