iMessage on Mac
- In the year 2011, iMessage was established by Mr. Scott Marshall.
- In the year 2012, Apple announced replacing iChat by iMessage.
- In the year 2014, customers filed a complaint against the company about message delivering issue if they switch from any Apple device to non-Apple device.
- In the year 2016, researchers developed an open-source project known as “PieMessage” consisting of code for OS X that forms a link between Apple user and an Android user.
- In the same year,the company declared the additional updates of application to iMessage service that could be accessed via Message apps.
iMessage on Mac
Steps to arrange iMessages on Mac:
- Introduce messages from desktop, dock, or applications together.
- Provide your Apple ID, e-mail address and the correct password.
- Click on messages in the menu bar and select partialities.
- Select the accounts tab.
- Select the mobile number and email address at which you would like to be grasped.
Steps to send iMessage from Mac:
- Initially confirm that your Mac’s running OS X Yosemite (10.10 or higher) and your device is running iOS 8x.
- Select the messages app in your Mac to open it.
- Go to your iPhone.
- Forward the selected message.
- You will get a list of all the devices that are linked to your Apple ID.
- You will receive a 6 -digit code pop up in messages on your Mac.
Difference between text messages and iMessages:
- If your device is associated with wi-fi, you can easily send messages without any internet connection or cellular data or any messaging plan charges.
- I Messages are quicker than SMS or MMS.
- SMS and MMS are sent using different technology than an Apple device.
Features of iMessage:
- 3D effects.
- You can insert your photo.
- Desired bubble effects.
- Slam effect.
- Loud effect.
- Gentle effect.
- Invisible effect.
Apart from this, it has other features like:
- Send texts.
- Send documents.
- Send photos.
- Send videos.
- Send contact information.
- Send group messages.
- No internet connection required.
- Messages can be tracked using delivery reports.
Steps to use these features:
- Open messages and tap to start a new message.
- Enter your message.
- Touch, hold and tap the screen.
- Swipe to the left side and see full-screen effects.
- Any user can see if another user is typing a message in the form of pale grey ellipsis that appears when the user initiates for typing.
- Users are allowed to have a group chat as well with more than 2 people.
- You can name your group as well.
iMessage is accessible through devices that are having iOS 5 or the later version of iOS and macOS users. The devices that are accessible are like:
- Message application on iPhone.
- iPod touch
Thus, iMessage is an effective application for Apple users that allows various features and could transfer data and information from one user to another with several advantages.