How to Clear Cookies on Mac – Cookies are tiny text files that are generated and saved in your browser by the websites that you visit.
Cookies include user login info, passwords, interests, statistics, and other details. Increasing when you visit a suitable website, cookies are sent to your browser to recognize you as a customer. As a consequence, as you access the website the next time you do not need to enter a login and password, you have a cleaner passage.
How to Clear Cookies on Mac – How to Delete Cookies
Generally, cookies are used for:
- Authenticating the user.
- Storing user settings and personal preferences.
- Monitoring the status of the user’s access session.
- Conducting various user statistics.
Why Clear Cookies on Mac?
Despite their usefulness, cookies have some disadvantages, including anyone who has access to your computer can log in under your name to forums and websites.
A large number of cookies are spaced on the disk.
The history of your visits can be traced which is unwanted from privacy.
Why Brings Up this Message?
The explanation for this is because certain countries ‘Cookie Privacy Legislation, such as the UK and EU, allows websites to provide users with knowledge regarding collecting cookie details. The legislation on the privacy of cookies includes the disclosure of details about the processing of personal data by various data subjects.
Cookies are basic text files, and cannot function on their own. Consequently, a cookie cannot be malware or spyware. Most modern browsers require users to select whether or not to tolerate cookies; however, declining them makes it difficult to access other websites.
- Open Firefox.
- Go to the Firefox menu bar then Preferences then Privacy & Security menu bar.
- Tap Manage Data in the Cookies and Site Data section.
- Click Remove All.
How to Clear Cookies on Safari:
- Launch the Safari.
- Go to the menu bar of Safari then Preferences.
- Select the Privacy tab and click Manage Data for the Website.
- Click the Remove All button.
How to Clear Cookies on Chrome:
- Google Chrome launch.
- Click in the upper right corner on Customize and control the Google Chrome icon, and go to Settings.
- Go to Clear browsing data for privacy and security.
- Go to the Advanced tab, and tick cookies and other website information.
- Click on Data Clear.
How to Delete Cookies in Opera
- Opera to launch.
- Go to the Opera [Preferences] menu bar, including privacy and security.
- Click Clear Data Browsing.
- Tick Cookies and other data about the site and click Clear data.
Manually deleting cookies can be a bother, especially if you use multiple browsers. You can use Free Software such as App Cleaner & Uninstaller in this case. The app lets you clear all your cache files with cookies, logins, and preferences in just one click for all browsers.