Greenshot for Mac: Greenshot is known as free and open-source screenshot database for Microsoft Windows. Thomas Braun, Jens Klingen and Robin Krom advanced the software. GNU General Pubic License, presented by GitHub published this software.
MacOS has the capability of Greenshot but unique as branded software through the App Store. The feature set of Greenshot usually targets project managers, testers and developers. Greenshot is used to generate full or fractional screenshots.
The screenshot which is captured is annotated and edited using the built-in image editor. The annotation and editing are done before exporting it either to an image file, email attachments, printer or clipboard.
Greenshot was made available in 33 languages, most of the translations have been completed by the users. This was done by March in the year 2012.
Greenshot for Mac
By using Greenshot, one can take screenshot of anything displayed on the screen, no matter it’s a selected region or the whole screen. It consists of editing tool for adding basic annotations and sharing screenshots instantly to social media sites.
Greenshot has following features:
- Screenshot– Various ways are offered by Greenshot to create a screenshot. ‘Capture region’ permits to choose an area of the screen by dragging a green rectangle to the desired position and size.
- ImageEditor- When there is need to add annotations, highlights or obfuscations to the screenshot, the built-in image editor can be used.
- Export for further use- All the export options are available from the top of the toolbar and menu. Any user can configure the Greenshot to skip the step and pass the screenshot to other destinations directly.
- Downloads- The program was downloaded 5 million times from the SourceForge and approximately 2 million downloads were counted, according to the 2013 survey.
Guide to use Greenshot in Mac
Below are the steps mentioned on how to use Greenshot on Mac:
- Download and install this Greenshot for Mac OS X.
- Launch the application, and you can access it on the menu bar.
- Next, display what you want to capture on the screen.
- A preview of the captured image will then be shown, from here you can add basic annotations as you like.
Alternatives to Greenshot for Mac:
- Apowersoft Mac Screenshot
What is Greenshot used for?
Greenshot is a light-weight screenshot software tool for Windows with the following key features quickly create screenshots of a selected region, window or full-screen, you can even capture complete web pages from Internet Explorer. Easily annotate, highlight or obfuscate parts of the screenshot.
Commercial use of Greenshot
Greenshot is free in terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL). Basically, that means that end users may use this program free of charge for private as well as commercial purposes. This is probably the case for the large majority of use cases.
Though there is no direct screenshot download for Mac, you can still use some alternatives to it. The programs introduced in this article are all great. But it is advised to use Apowersoft Mac Screenshot. With this tool, you can achieve the best quality screenshot and its added functions can help you finish your tasks more easily.
Greenshot is a free and open-source screenshot program for Microsoft Windows. It is developed by Thomas Braun, Jens Klingen. Greenshot is also available for macOS.
Table of Contents